The Data Protection Act 1998 was replaced by the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) from 25 May 2018. The Trumpington Allotment Society is committed fully to compliance with the requirements of data protection regulations.
The Society takes your privacy seriously and will not share your personal information with any third party. Your personal information will be used only to administer your membership of the Society; your details may be shared amongst committee members for this purpose.
The Society’s Membership Secretary is responsible for data protection compliance within the Society. If you have any questions or comments about the content of this policy or if you need further information, you should contact the Membership Secretary.
Data protection principles
The Society will comply with the following data protection principles when processing personal information:
- we will process personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- we will collect personal information for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes only, and will not process it in a way that is incompatible with those legitimate purposes;
- we will only process the personal information that is adequate, relevant and necessary for the relevant purposes;
- we will keep accurate and up to date personal information, and take reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal information is deleted or corrected without delay;
- we will keep personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information is processed; and
- we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that personal information is kept secure and protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email the Membership Secretary. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You are responsible for helping us keep your personal information up to date. You should let us know if the information you have provided to the Society changes, for example, if you move house.
When you are logged in to our website we may store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which we can access when you visit our site in future. We do this to improve the way the website works for you.
If you want to delete any of our cookies that are already on your computer, please locate the file or directory that stores cookies. It will be named https://www.trumpingtonallotments.org or similar.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.